In a strategic move, Bolt, the renowned ride-hailing service, has officially launched its operations in Harare, Zimbabwe. The expansion marks Bolt’s 12th country venture, reinforcing its commitment to providing convenient and affordable transportation solutions across the African continent.
- Commission-Free Period: Bolt has declared a noteworthy initiative by refraining from collecting commissions from drivers in Harare for the initial six months. This move aims to empower and support local drivers as they integrate into the Bolt platform.
- African Expansion: Having initially launched in South Africa in 2016, Bolt has steadily expanded its footprint across the African landscape. The addition of Zimbabwe to its operational map further solidifies its presence in the region.
- Continued Investment: In 2023, Bolt outlined ambitious plans to invest over €500 million in Africa, emphasizing job creation for more than 300,000 driver partners. This substantial commitment underscores Bolt’s dedication to fostering economic opportunities and growth in the African transportation sector.
- Global Reach: With a current presence in 45 countries worldwide and serving over 150 million customers through a network of over 3 million drivers, Bolt has established itself as a global leader in the ride-hailing industry.
- Existing African Operations: Bolt operates in several African countries, including Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, Tunisia, Mozambique, Mali, and Cameroon. The company’s expansion strategy aligns with the growing demand for reliable and efficient transportation services on the continent.
Bolt’s entry into the Zimbabwean market not only enhances transportation options for residents but also contributes to job creation and economic development. The commission-free period for drivers reflects Bolt’s commitment to fostering mutually beneficial relationships with local driver partners.
As Bolt continues to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of transportation in Africa, its recent expansion into Zimbabwe underscores the company’s dedication to providing accessible and innovative mobility solutions throughout the continent.